You can never have too many roast potatoes, especially on Christmas Day. Master this recipe using goose fat and parboiled potatoes and you'll want to make a roast with all the trimmings every Sunday of the year.
Serves 4 as a side dish
Ready in about 1¼ hours
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7.
2. Put the fat, olive oil or dripping in a large roasting tin and pop in the oven to get really hot.
3. Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a pan of cold, salted water, bring to the boil then cook for 6 minutes. Drain well, then shake gently in the pan to slightly rough up the potatoes - this helps them become nice and crisp in the oven.
4. Carefully tip the potatoes into the roasting tin, coat in the hot fat and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Roast in the oven for 1 hour, turning each potato over halfway through cooking, or until crisp and golden all over. About 15 minutes before the end of cooking, scatter the rosemary sprigs over the roasted potatoes.
5. Serve immediately, sprinkled with a little extra sea salt if you like. Or try one of our delicious variations below.
© delicious. magazine
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes