Pear goes really well with blue cheese and this tasty tarts recipes is guaranteed to be a winner with everyone.
Takes 20 minutes to make, 15-17 minutes to bake
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Roll the pastry into a 30 x 20cm rectangle. Cut in half lengthways, then make 2 cuts widthways, to give 6 equal squares. Brush each square with the egg and score a square inside the pastry, leaving a 1cm border. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
2. Using a spoon, lift out and discard the inner square of pastry, and scoop out any uncooked pastry.
3. Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. When melted, fry the onion until slightly browned.
4. Mix the onion, Cambozola, pear, cream, thyme and seasoning.
5. Fill each pastry square with a generous tablespoon of the filling and bake for a further 5 minutes.
6. Mix the walnut oil and lemon juice and toss with the salad and walnuts. Garnish each square with a thyme sprig and serve with the salad.
© delicious. magazine
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes