Make a delicious fish pie with less dairy in this hearty fish supper recipe
For the mash
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6.
2. Place prepared cod into a medium size ovenproof dish.
3. Gently sweat the shredded leek with the olive oil for 10 minutes over a very gentle heat to soften without browning. Add spinach to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until spinach just wilts. Season well.
4. Put half the mixture around the fish. Liquidise remainder with the cream alternative to make a creamy sauce. Pour around the fish.
5. Prepare the mash. Cut potato into even sized pieces and boil until tender. Drain and add remaining ingredients. Mash until smooth. Spoon onto prepared fish and spread potato out with a flat edged knife.
6. Rest dish on a baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes, until the potato is golden and the sauce is bubbling around the edge of the dish.
* Salmon, cod and tuna are severely threatened by over-fishing. There are a number of sustainable and just as tasty species that work equally well in the above recipe - in some cases they can even be cheaper. See channel4.com/fish for more information.
11g total fat
1.8g saturated fat
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes