These are a balanced snack of protein, carbs, and vegetables rolled into the perfect size for little hands
1. Heat oil in a small saucepan and cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
2. In a small bowl whisk broth, cornstarch, and curry paste. Stir into hot onion mixture. Cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Set 160 ml sauce aside. Combine rice, seeds, and remaining onion sauce in a large bowl.
3. Dip each rice paper in warm water and place between paper towels. Let stand for 10 minutes, set aside.
4. Steam veggies for 2 minutes.
5. To assemble each roll, take 1 rice paper and fill with 2 tablespoons of rice mixture. Place some carrot and snow pea strips over rice. Fold rice paper over on each side, rolling up as you would a burrito. Repeat with remaining rice papers and filling.
6. In a steamer, place rolls seam-side down and steam for 5 minutes. Serve with reserved dipping sauce.
© Leslie Hammond and Lynee Marie Rominger from The Allergy-Free Cookbook for Kids
Buy the book online
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes