Lassi pannacotta with mango salad and basil foam recipe from Vivek Singh at The Cinnamon Club
1. Soak the gelatine leaves in 100ml of cold water. Melt the gelatine in some warm water and stir in the yoghurt mix, set this in a mould or serving bowl.
2. For the mango salad, peel the mango and dice, toss with mint, ginger and a squeeze of lemon juice.
3. For the basil foam, soak the gelatine sheets in cold water. When softened, drain off moisture from gelatine sheets.
4. Bring the water to a boil and blanch the basil leaves for 30 seconds. Shock in ice cold water and drain the basil leaves, carefully reserving all the blanching liquid.
5. Stir the gelatine, granulated sugar and milk until dissolved and add the basil leaves.
6. Transfer the mix to a blender and purée until smooth, adding enough reserved cold liquid to facilitate blending into a smooth purée.
7. Strain through a fine sieve so that some flecks of basil are visible in finished product. Combine basil purée and cooled basil-infused water and the milk in a stainless steel foaming canister. Turn to seal tightly. Load with two CO2 cartridges. Maintain under refrigeration between uses.
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes