For the quick pizza dough:
For the pizza topping:
For the mushroom sauce:
1. Combine the yeast and sugar in a small bowl, stir in the water and stand the bowl in a warm place for about 10 minutes or until frothy.
2. Sift the flour into a medium bowl, stir in the yeast mixture and oil. Mix to form a firm dough.
3. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover, and stand in a warm place for about 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
5. While the dough rests, prepare the potato topping. Peel the potatoes and slice them very thinly using a mandolin. Then soak the slices separately in several changes of ice water to remove excess starch and prevent discolouration.
6. Drain the slices in separate colanders, toss with ½ tsp salt and set aside for 10 minutes before draining any accumulated water.
7. Bring a pot of salted water almost to the boil. When the water just begins to steam, add a variety of the sliced potatoes and gently blanch for a couple of minutes. Repeat the process for the remaining slices, blanching and draining one variety at a time separately.
8. Slice the Portobello mushrooms and the truffle.
9. Sweat off the chopped shallots in a pan with a drizzle of oil, then add the mushrooms and truffle. Add the Madeira and veal stock.
10. Reduce down to a jus, remove from the heat and blend roughly so it is still a bit coarse.
11. Preheat oven to 200°C and place a pizza stone in to heat up.
12. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
13. Roll out the dough to the desired size and thickness and place onto the hot pizza stone. Place in the oven until half cooked, about 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the base.
14. Remove from the oven and spread the mushroom sauce on top of the pizza. Add the Fontina cheese cubes then place back in the oven and cook until the cheese melts.
15. Remove the pizza from the oven and arrange the blanched potatoes in cone shapes around the top. Drizzle with olive oil and place back in the oven and bake until the edges are crispy.
16. Slice the white truffle and arrange on top of the pizza, drizzle with truffle oil and garnish with chervil. Season to taste.
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes