Here's Hugh's quirky take on the full English from River Cottage Every Day
1. If you are using dried, soaked beans, drain them and put in a pan. Cover completely with fresh, cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 1 hour, until tender. Drain.
2. To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients and whisk thoroughly together (or put in a small jam jar, screw on the lid and shake to emulsify). Taste and add a little more mustard or seasoning if you like.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and fry it until crisp. Scoop it out with a slotted spoon, then combine it with the drained beans and 1-2 tbsp of the dressing, and set aside.
4. Put the cubed bread into the bacon pan and toss in the fat. Add a little more oil if necessary. Fry over a medium heat for a few minutes until the croutons are crisp and golden. Scoop out and set aside.
5. Finally, fry the black pudding in the same pan until crisp on both sides. Arrange the tomato slices on four serving plates. Top with the bean and bacon mixture. Scatter over the croutons, then top with the black pudding. Finish with a splash more dressing and serve.
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes