Gordon's mile-high take on the traditional English fishcake uses sumptuous Sevruga caviar to give salmon an extra kick
For the salad:
1. Cover salmon with salt and sugar and set aside for 3 hours. Rinse salmon under running water and pat dry.
2. Preheat oven to 60°C (140°F). Place salmon in a deep pan and cover with duck fat. Cover pan with aluminium foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes until salmon is very pale pink in colour.
3. Remove pan from the oven and leave salmon to sit in fat for 5 minutes. Drain salmon and flake.
4. Mix flaked salmon with 2-3 tbsp duck fat, then season with salt and pepper. Add coriander, crème fraiche, mayonnaise and lemon juice and mix well.
5. Spoon a quarter of the salmon mixture into a ring cutter and press to compact it. Remove ring cutter. Repeat to make another three servings. Garnish with a dollop of caviar, mixed salad leaves and cherry tomatoes.
© Singapore Airlines Cookbook: Above and Beyond
* Salmon, cod and tuna are severely threatened by over-fishing. There are a number of sustainable and just as tasty species that work equally well in the above recipe - in some cases they can even be cheaper. See channel4.com/fish for more information.
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes