For the base:
Butter for greasing
For the filling:
For the topping:
1. Lightly grease a 20cm/8" spring-form cake tin with butter.
2. Drain the mandarin segments and place them on a plate lined with kitchen paper and set aside.
3. To make the base, place the biscuits into a food processor and blend to form fine crumbs.
4. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, add the biscuit crumbs and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture into the cake tin and press over the tin base, to spread evenly. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
5. Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl. Split the vanilla pods open, scrape out the seeds and mix them into the cream cheese. Sift in the icing sugar and grate in the orange zest. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until you reach soft peaks, then fold it into the cream cheese mixture to combine.
6. Spread the mixture on top of the biscuit base and use a palette knife, or the back of a spoon, to level it out. Chill in the freezer for a minimum 5 minutes.*
7. When ready to serve arrange the mandarin segments on top and carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin.
*Note: if you don't wish to eat the cheesecake immediately you can allow the cream mixture to set in the fridge for half an hour rather than using the freezer.
Make the ultimate crowd-pleasing pudding with the best baked and unbaked cheesecake recipes - from lemon to chocolate and everything in between 4Food know how to keep you happy.
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes