Lasan get the competition underway with a spicy chicken starter complemented by their special tandoori marinade on the F Word
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Trim the thin end of the drumstick by cutting the sinew, scraping the meat halfway down the bone towards the thick end of the drumstick. Blanch the chicken in simmering water infused with turmeric, salt and mild red chilli powder for 3-5 minutes and remove using a slotted spoon and let the meat cool down.
3. To then marinate the chicken, dry the pieces and sprinkle with salt. Rub with garlic and ginger paste and a squeeze of lime and leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
4. Add 3 tablespoons of yoghurt into a large bowl, add all the 2nd stage tandoori spice ingredients and massage into the chicken, then leave to marinade overnight.
5. For the mint chutney, blend all chutney ingredients together in a food processor until smooth, adjust seasoning to taste and refrigerate in an airtight container overnight.
6. Heat a frying pan with a small amount of oil then place the marinated drumstick in to seal for 1 minute on each side followed by the scored chicken breasts and again cook for a minute on each side. Place the browned chicken pieces in the pre-heated oven and roast for 6-8 minutes, turn the chicken pieces now and again to ensure they cook evenly.
7. Mix the coriander and olive oils and season with the lemon juice, chat masala and black pepper. Dress the baby leaves and serve alongside the chicken with the mint chutney.
* The EU doesn't recommend the use of mustard oil in cooking so we would recommend you use ghee or another oil as an alternative.
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes