Gordon serves a Christmas main with a difference in Cookalong Live with this Christmas paella
1. Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a large paella pan or frying pan. Add the onion and cook out briefly.
2. Add the chopped pepper and crush in the garlic. Season with a little salt and pepper and cook until softened.
3. Sprinkle the smoked paprika and saffron into the pan. Follow with the rice and stir well so that each grain of rice is well coated in oil.
4. Add the wine and allow to evaporate before pouring in the hot stock.
5. Cover with a lid and leave to simmer gently for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking.
6. Five minutes before the end of cooking add the mussels, prawns, squid and monkfish to the pan. Stir, and replace the lid to finish cooking.
7. Just before serving, mix through the chopped parsley and garnish with lemon wedges.
© Gordon Ramsay
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes