Try this delicious alternative Christmas dessert recipe using mincemeat and puff pastry. This is yet another treat from Gordon Ramsay to make your Christmas a taste sensation.
Makes approx 12
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5.
2. Grate the apple and put into a large mixing bowl, and the zest and juice of the lemon and orange then add the remaining ingredients.
3. Pour the melted butter over the mincemeat and mix together, then add the brandy and rum. The mixture gets better the longer you leave it in the fridge, but will be ready to use after 30 minutes.
4. When your mixture is ready to use, lay the rolled puff pastry flatly on a clean surface. Add a thin layer of the mincemeat onto the pastry, dust with icing sugar and roll the pastry from the both ends to make two concentric circles that meet in the middle. As you look at the end of the two rolls of pastry you should be able to see the layers of pastry and mincemeat.
5. Place in the freezer to set for at least 30 minutes and slice into 1cm thick slices, dust with icing sugar and place onto a buttered baking tray and bake in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Remove from the oven then dust with more icing sugar, allow to cool then serve.
© Gordon Ramsay
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes